Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's getting cold out there



Well, we havge had our first official snowfall and today was opening day for deer hunting with guns here in the UP. Im always a little sad to see the fall go. I love the changing of colors and the cool air, the smell of fireplaces and wood burning heaters. The fall festivles, and the oncomming of the holiday season. The past couple years I have felt a little scroogish. This year though I have committed myself to celebrate each Holiday with gusto. Since it is just my husband and myself this year, im planning our Thanksgiving dinner. Of course, we wont be eating till the day after, as he has to work Thanksgiving Day. We are both CNA's and you know, nursing homes dont close. But my family has always worked around work schedules. Its not the day itself that is special, it is how you celebrate it. So the day after Thanksgiving we will be putting up our tree. I would do it now, but I still have much cleaning to do before I can so I will spend the next week prepping the house. Putting things away and such. Usually I just decorate around what I already have up. This year though Im going to go nuts. Everything is comming down, getting cleaned and put away. Then everything going up will be Christmas themed.





Last year I got an AWESOME deal on a huge plastic storage tote FILLED with shiny brites! I know that without the boxes they are worth less, but they are gorgeous. I paid $10 for all of them plus the plastic storage tote.




Then at a rummage sale, i got the coolest bag full of old ornaments. for $1 See?!?


Most of them are vintage and glass. Some are plastic and a couple are old covered in german glass. It doesnt matter much what they are worth. I love them. So as my Christmas decorating progresses, I will make sure to post updated pics.

1 comment:

Diane Gilleland said...

That bag of ornaments is the score of the century!