Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A new start


Rose Benner 1908-2007
First before I get into my new life of blogging, I want to say a little something about the wonderful lady in the picture above. That is my 99 year old Great Grandmother Rose.
We lost her just over a week ago. The end came kinds fast. Pneumonia put her in a nursing home where she was less than a month. Before that, my wonderfully dedicated family took care of her. Everyone put off their own needs for this wonderful little lady. She did the same for all of us though when we were growing up. She was a daughter, a sister, a mother, a grandmother, a great-grandmother and a great great grandmother. WE were lucky to have her for 5 generations of family members. Not enough can ever be said about this great wonderful little gal. And then again, all I can bring myself to say is Thank You. For being. For loving. For giving. For putting up with us. For accepting us. For being our Great Gramma Rose.

Now...on to the next thing.
Blogging has been a challange for me. Perhaps I just think what I have to say wont interest anyone, I dont know.
I have decided to let all that aside. I am beginning my New Years Resolutions early this year. One is this...blogging. It seems sort of silly, but it is a step. I have spent the last few years finding the real me. Finding my strengths. Working on my weaknesses. Making a life. Getting Married. Having a career (though at this juncture, I am not happy with my choice of careers). Like I said, it is just one thing im working on. Finishing what I start.
Of course I pick the hardest time to try to maintain my blog LOL. As I can barely type. A week ago today I had surgery on my shoulder. Originally it was rotator cuff repair but there was little repair that needed to be done to it. There was more muscular repair and cleaning up that was done. Today I took my first actual shower after the surgery. I feel 100 times better. Recovery is going well, but it will be a long process to get all the strength back.
On to my second New Years Resolution...
I have been struggling with my weight for some time now. I have tried diets like south beach, which worked well...for a time. I actually lost 60 lbs. and put it back on...plus more. So this years resolution is 2 lbs a week.
I think that is doable.
Exercise and eating right. Portion control. blah blah blah. LOL yeah, i know it all. It is just a matter of doing it. And I am. So as soon as I have medical clearance, i will be starting a daily regimine.

Now...cool stuff I do.
I am currently participating in
Swap-Bot and
Paperback-Swap

No comments: